How to Strikethrough on Google Sheets [Easiest Way in 2023]
In this article we will show you how to strikethrough on Google Sheets. We also explain how to easily do this with the strikethrough shortcut. Simply follow the steps below:
How to Strikethrough on Google Sheets Using the File Menu
1. Select the cell containing the text you want to apply a strikethrough on.
Here we will select cell A1 which contains the text “Strike through this”. You can also select cells containing numbers or formulas that you want to apply a strikethrough on.
2. In the File Menu, Go to Format
3. Select Text > Strikethrough
You’ll be able to see other formatting options for your text here as well.
4. Your text will now have a strikethrough
Another quicker way to format your text will be using the shortcut for strikethrough which is straight from your keyboard. Here’s an easy guide to help you.
How to Strikethrough in Google Sheets Using the Strikethrough Shortcut
1. Select your cell containing the text you want to format
Here we will select cell A2 containing “Strike through this too”. Unlike our first example, we will not be going through menus to format this cell.
2. To Strikethrough, Hold Command+Shift+X on Mac and Alt+Shift+5 on Windows
3. The cell you selected will now have a strikethrough.
TIP: Another simple way to do this is by using the formatting bar in Google Sheets that appears just below the main menu.
The strikethrough text button S will be beside the Italic button. Simply press your cell and then press this button to format your cells quickly.
There are also other formatting methods for your text that you can explore on Google Sheets including formatting your text to Bold, Italic or with Underline. Check out other tutorials here to learn other ways to do so and explore the possibilities of formatting in Google Sheets.