In this article we will show you how to convert Google Sheets to Excel in just a few clicks. Simply follow the steps below.
Convert Google Sheets to Excel Via Google Sheets
In the below example, we demonstrate how we can use Google Sheets to convert a Sheets file to the Excel file format.
1. From the file menu click “Download” followed by “Microsoft Excel”
Click File from the file menu at the top of the display. From the menu that is displayed click Download, and select Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) from the side menu.
2. Open your downloads folder and double-click to open in Excel
The Google Sheets document has now been saved in downloads as a “.XLSX” Excel file. Double-click to open in Excel
3. See the converted file in Excel
The Google Sheets document is now fully converted and can be opened in Microsoft Excel.
Convert Google Sheets to Excel Via Google Drive
1. Open your google drive and right-click on the Google Sheets file. From the dropdown menu select “Download”
In Google drive, right-click on the sheets file, from the dropdown menu displayed select Download
2. Google sheets will automatically be converted to Excel .XLSX format via download
The download will begin, in the bottom left corner of the screen a pop-up will display that the file is being converted into an Excel format.
3. Open the download folder to see the converted file
The document has now been converted to an Excel format, note the file type is now “.XLSX”