How to Transfer Ownership of a Google Form (2023 Update)
In this article we will show you how to transfer ownership of a Google Forms in just a few clicks. Simply follow the steps below.
How to Transfer Ownership of a Google Form
1. Click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner.
At the top right corner of the form, click on the three dots to reveal a dropdown menu and see more options.
2. Choose the Add Collaborators option.
In the dropdown list, select the option that says, Add Collaborators.
3. Enter the email of the person you want as the new owner.
In the provided space, type the email address of the person you're transferring ownership to.
4. Ensure the person’s role is set to Editor.
Next to the person’s email address, you will find a dropdown menu. Select Editor from this list.
5. Press Send to share the form with them.
After checking the details, click the Send button to give them access.
6. Open the additional options again with the three vertical dots.
Go back to the top right and click on the three dots again.
7. Select Transfer Ownership.
From the options next to the new editor’s name and email address, choose the one labeled Transfer Ownership.
8. Agree when warned about the transfer.
You'll get a warning about the transfer. Click Yes to proceed.
9. Confirm by clicking on Send Invitation to the new owner.
Another prompt will appear asking you to confirm sending the invitation to the owner. Click on Send Invitation.
Note: Transferring ownership is a final step. If done, you'd need the new owner's agreement to get ownership back. Always be sure before proceeding.
We hope that you now have a better understanding of how to transfer ownership of a Google Form. You might also like our articles on publish analytics and how to add sections in Google Forms. To optimize your workflow better, we recommend reading our guide on implementing workflow approval systems in Google Forms.