1. Hold Down Ctrl on a PC (Cmd for Mac) and Left Click Empty Rows
Hold down the Ctrl (Cmd for Mac) key on the keyboard and left click on the rows you wish to highlight.
2. Right Click on the Last Highlighted Row Number and Select Delete.
With your selections made, right click the row number of the last highlighted rows. A menu will appear. Click Delete selected rows.
3. See the Results
The highlighted rows have been deleted and the data set is now clear of empty rows.
How to Delete Empty Rows in Google Sheets (Large Data Sets)
1. Highlight the Data Set Where you Want to Remove the Empty Rows
Click and hold down on the bottom right cell, dragging the selection to highlight the full set of data that you wish to edit, including row headers. Or alternatively right click the top row number, hold down and drag to the bottom.
2. Click Data in The Toolbar > Create A Filter
Go to the toolbar and click data, from the dropdown click Create a Filter.
3. Filter Icon Created on The Data Header Row
This will now create a filter, an icon will appear in the data header cells confirming this. Click either of the icons for a dropdown menu.
From the dropdown menu under Filter Values select Clear. This will untick all of the data just below the search bar in the dropdown menu.
5. Select (Blanks) From Below Search Bar
Re-select (Blanks), ticking it from the options below the search bar and click ok.
6. Highlight The Empty Rows.
All Data in the sheet will now be hidden and only the empty rows will show. These can now be deleted. To do this you need to highlight them by selecting the top row number (not including the row headers) and dragging downwards.
7. Delete The Empty Rows.
With all empty rows selected, right click the mouse anywhere on them and select Delete selected rows.
8. Click The Same Filter Icon in Row Header > Select All > Ok
Click on the same filter Icon again in the Row header as before. From the dropdown click Select All and then ok to re-display your hidden data.
9. Blank Rows have been Deleted and Data is Consolidated.
Data set is now cleared of unused rows and numerical order has been restored to reflect this.
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets with Lido
🚀 Import data from anywhere and build custom tools and powerful dashboards straight from your spreadsheet. Discover what's possible in our Build Gallery.